Wiring Help

Madug
This post is 4530 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi folks can some one help need to know what is the minimum wiring i need to do to test run a Yamaha xj600 engine.

and is the wiring loom on xj600 the same as xj900 :-)

Thanks for any help given

Ian

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Ian, Far as I know the 600 and 900 are similar but NOT the same some mods to the 900 but essentially there should be no difference between the 2 in the ignition circuit,I would suggest that you concentrate only on the starter and ign wiring as anything else would be pointless if you just want to test it, you will need to earth it and have a battery but otherwise that's about it, you can do with out the starter button if you want and just short over the starter relay should do no harm if the bike is easy to start but if not use the starter button as damage to the starter relay will happen if you keep it shorted for prolonged periods. So you will need the starter wiring, the ignition circuit wiring and the battery curcuit wiring as a minimum I would think. Hope that helps and I have not forgotten some thing obvious. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online