Heart set on a Thundercat...

piemuncher
This post is 4558 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Been posting on here for a while (mostly re my piece of rubbish SR125 that has now soldiered on dragging my 18 stone bulk over 30,000 miles!).

As some of you may know, when I was 17 I had my full bike course booked when a week before I got knocked off by a van and missed it!

After getting over that I ended up buying a car and spending my money on drink etc until I bought my SR125 a 2 years ago (I'm still only 21!)

I have now booked my DAS which is great news :) If things all go well I shall be fully licenced around 3pm on the 3rd December and I have never ever been so excited as getting my licence has been something I've wanted to do since I was very very young!

Now, I have really wanted a Thundercat for the past few years and looking around they are very very reasonably priced for what is a fairly big old motor. As mentioned previously, I'm a fairly bulky chap, I would need to do a little over 10,000 miles a year, mix of motorway and town and will be taking my girlfriend on the back from time to time.

Would this be a recommended bike for this? AAAnnd if so when I test drive one what am I to look out for? I'm aware of the 2nd gear jumping out weakness and will walk away if I come across that but other than that are they prone to corrosion etc?

Thanks all,

Pie

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

To be fair, as much as people take the p*ss, the mobylette is the only thing that matters in my life... :spin2:

But then again, with me and my bulk on it the top speed might creep over 20mph every now and then but in every way its impractical.

I do like to buy things I dont need though :)

To be fair, as much as people take the p*ss, the mobylette is the only thing that matters in my life... :spin2:

But then again, with me and my bulk on it the top speed might creep over 20mph every now and then but in every way its impractical.

I do like to buy things I dont need though :)

know where youre coming from mate, the moby was my intro to motorcycles, had some great fun on that little thing, bought it for 50p circa 1972 (field bike) used to burn my thumb on the decompressor valve and run like fck to start it :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online