Crankshaft Rebuilding

tlowry
This post is 7039 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Does anyone know whether Yamaha ever published a manual for rebuilding crankshafts(2-stroke twins in particular)? I know Kawasaki did. The one from Kaw has PN #'s for the various special tools and jigs. any reference on crank rebuilding from any source would be helpful. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi mate. try out the forum at this place -aleks rd site

there's some very knowledgable guys there who will be able to help and have rebuilt cranks before. never done it myself...

Thanks liquidcooled, I'll check that site out. I've been interested in learning to rebuild cranks since I have some of the equipment needed in my home shop(hydraulic press, trueing stand, oxy/acet outfit). Anyone else have any ideas please respond. Thanks

there is a similar manual to the kawasaki

one called

Yamaha special tools and service manual

printed @ 76 time

i have a copy but i wouldnt say it actually

tells you how to build cranks anymore than the Kwak book does

i can copy the relevant pages for you if you wish

i know CMM magazine in teh UK are doing something soon on the subject but there is no substitute for getting stuck in im afraid

there is a similar manual to the kawasaki

one called

Yamaha special tools and service manual

printed @ 76 time

i have a copy but i wouldnt say it actually

tells you how to build cranks anymore than the Kwak book does

i can copy the relevant pages for you if you wish

i know CMM magazine in teh UK are doing something soon on the subject but there is no substitute for getting stuck in im afraid

yamguru, I would be interested in the pages pertaining to cranks, if not a lot of trouble. I would also like a copy of the front cover to the manual you reference. How would you want to send this info? Are you in the states or overseas?

[email protected]

yamguru, I would be interested in the pages pertaining to cranks, if not a lot of trouble.  I would also like a copy of the front cover to the manual you reference.  How would you want to send this info?  Are you in the states or overseas?

[email protected]

yamguru, Oh by the way, thank you.

tlowry

yamguru, I don't know what that means but you can send it and I will try to open.

Thanks so much. PS Starting tonight I will be gone for 7 days, I'll get back in touch when I return. Tlowry