Engine Revs.

awa355
This post is 4594 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Has anyone fitted a rev counter to their XVS650?

I read on here that at 100kph the 650 is doing 4,000 revs in top gear.

Can anyone tell me what revs the bike would be running at 50kph in 3rd and 4th?.

With the rumbling and growling from the transmission, it's hard to tell whether the engine is staggering, or pulling freely. It does seem to pull away in top from 50kph ( 2,000 rpm? ) smoothly, without any hesitation.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I don't have a tachometer attached to my draggie (wish I did!), but my experience is you're better off in 4th pulling away at 50kph (about 30mph), especially if you're in a hurry. 5th works fine (unless you're going uphill) but you do get quite a bit of clattering from the transmission. Cruising at 50kph in 5th is fine.

My general upshift points, bearing in mind I have custom pipes fitted:

1st - 0mph

2nd - 20mph

3rd - 30mph

4th - 40-50mph

5th - 60mph and above.

I have no idea what the KPH is and I refuse to work in such measures, because I'm stubborn :)

I tend to keep revs down teh lower end of the powerband and ride that. It uses a touch more fuel but everything is just so much easier.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online