fitting DT125R rear brake hose

NEV
This post is 4609 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Put my new HEL brake hoses on yesterday, now I realise that when fitting the brake hose on to the rear master cylinder, you must loop it over,and back on to itself, bit like a scorpion tail, so to speak, instead of running straight to the caliper, but I've noticed a stiff wire guide sat underneath the battery holder plastic, at the rear, in the shape of a square about 1 1/2", is this a guide for the brake hose? I only ask as it's a pig to bleed at the best of times, and if I go ahead and fit it wrong then have to re-bleed I'll not be too chuffed, has anybody any idea about this? as I can't see owt in the manual regarding the fitting.

Cheers ta Nev

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

is it a haynes manual your using nev? if it is.look in the previous chapter (frame and forks) at photo 13.7 it looks like that wire guide is to stop the hose from going into the shock? or am i being daft?

Dave, you're a star mate, I do have a Haynes, but it's a bugger to see any clear photos, illustrations are o.k, but as it's an online manual, all details have been lost in the photocopying, even now looking at that 13.7 pic, I can't make it out at all. but to be honest, not fitting it inside the guide, the hose does come pretty close to the shock spring, so aye, common sense prevailing here, I'll go with the inside the wire guide, cheers mate.

Cheers Jack,

I do now have mine as is in the pic, and as is in the pic sits pretty close to the shock spring, HEL, didn't put a rub spring onto the new hose, I know it's braided stainless instead of rubber, but still might see if theres something I can wrap around the line to prevent any chafing.

Nev

Oh by the way, those 60ml syringes from mole valley farmers are absolutely brill for brake bleeding, get the type with the larger needle seat mind, bang about 8 inches of 5mm clear tubing onto it, seal wth insulating tape where it goes over the syringe outlet, pull out plunger about an 1" - 11/2" for the brake fluid to disperse into, no need to back bleed, just bleed as normal 10 minute job, cracking job, make sure its in the vertical position above the bleed nipple mind, it seems to form a vacuum and draws the air bubbles out.

Something like this

img0298u.jpg

img0299c.jpg

Using this method I found it much easier, and quicker to bleed the brakes.

Edited by NEV