kick return

18j
This post is 4634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

the xt500 i just bought seems to have a prob with the kickstart return, what controls the return position? the spring seems to be ok as it does return it only seems too far and melts on the exhaust. anyone had this before?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

.............. perhaps the kicker arm needs moving one spline anti-clockwise on the shaft?

If it returns OK then I would agree with this. Just a big spring in the casing does the work. Possibly fitted on the spine in the wrong position. Could be as that suited the last owner due to the technique of kicking a big 4 stroke thumper. It could also be the wrong kick start due to the original one breaking.

what i mean is that the kickstart returns further than it should so that the rubber hits the hot pipe and melts, i removed the kicker and replaced it at bout 12 o'clock, kicked over and it returned to about 1 o'clock then back to 12 sometimes 11, when its at about 2 o'clock and i try to manualy move it to its original position with the engine running it starts to "click" as its trying to engage. hope that explains a bit better.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online