LED Turn Signals 80 XS400

kindest
This post is 4636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hate making a new thread for issues brought up before but I couldn't find the thread that all the info to reply to.

anyways I converted my brake lights to led go here to see more about that

and I thought it would be good now to put in led turn signal bulbs. well I ordered the bulbs from http://stores.ebay.com/wardenjp2002

and I knew it wasn't going to be as easy and plugging them and they would work. I got

ttp://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062291#showFullReviews

10 Ohm 10W 5% Wirewound Resistor (2-Pack) and tried wiring them up in line cause I read it would make it work but no luck. bulbs didn't flash at all.

my question is if I replace the stock 3 prong 12v signal clicker with http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-3-prong-12-Volt-LED-Flasher-LED-turn-signals-/330394449081?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4ced0b34b9 will it work. it says Flasher has NEGATIVE ground (flasher will NOT work with early 6v POSITIVE ground cars/truck or motorcycles).

not sure if our old bikes fall in this category. thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you got neg ground, there have been mixed reviews on getting these electronic flashers to work.

hi mate dont know about the negative ground stuff but i know for a fact after reading about fitting leds to my own yam that 10w resistors just wont work they are too low handling you need at least 10ohm 50w and 1 for each turn signal so if your fitting 4 then obviously you'll need 4 resistors and you have to connect them one end of the resistor to the positive wire and the other end of the resistor to the negative wire.hope that makes sense to you mate but have a good google too cos thats how i found out......p s for the record mines do work but not very well only brighter at night and not all the leds work correctly.

good luck

Dave

hi mate dont know about the negative ground stuff but i know for a fact after reading about fitting leds to my own yam that 10w resistors just wont work they are too low handling you need at least 10ohm 50w and 1 for each turn signal so if your fitting 4 then obviously you'll need 4 resistors and you have to connect them one end of the resistor to the positive wire and the other end of the resistor to the negative wire.hope that makes sense to you mate but have a good google too cos thats how i found out......p s for the record mines do work but not very well only brighter at night and not all the leds work correctly.

good luck

Dave

I was trying one resister with just one led plugged in (regular bulbs in the rest). the resistor turned scorching hot so I'm pretty sure it was doing something. lol

I didn't try 4 resistors all hooked up at the time time tho. but I did have a suspicious I would need a more powerful resistor. back to the drawing board. I;m tempted to try one of those

plug n play new flasher led relays but as drewpy said it may or may not work.

dammit I found the thread. im blind

If I get something to work I'll update that thread. and thanks for the info Dave+Drewpy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online