DT 175

jebb

'Evening,

just after some advice regarding aftermarket tail pipes; the Gianelli I have on at the moment is far too loud ( eventhough it is BS marked), has any body any experience of 'big one' tail pipes that I've seen on ebay? Don't want sewing machine quietness nor annoying blast.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

DEP sound good, are you sure yours doesnt just need re-packing though?...much cheaper than replacing it

Chief,

cant repack the bugger its welded all round. Actually I think it looks like it came like this as standard.

Just too loud; 25 years ago it would'nt have bothered me...

Chief,

cant repack the bugger its welded all round. Actually I think it looks like it came like this as standard.

Just too loud; 25 years ago it would'nt have bothered me...

Hmm i've never seen one of these can you PM me some pictures I would like to see it?

Hmm i've never seen one of these can you PM me some pictures I would like to see it?

[/q

Will do; I'll have to get my daughter to do it.....turning on a kettle is about the limit of my electrical capabilities.....

• 12 years later...
On 8/13/2011 at 7:54 PM, jebb said:

'Evening,

just after some advice regarding aftermarket tail pipes; the Gianelli I have on at the moment is far too loud ( eventhough it is BS marked), has any body any experience of 'big one' tail pipes that I've seen on ebay? Don't want sewing machine quietness nor annoying blast.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers

I've done a 1986 dt125lc mk2 and fitted a big one full system (fresco) and it works and sounds perfect 

• Thanks 1