YBR 125 Second Gear Selection

BlakeyYBR
This post is 4636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, yet another newb mechanical question!

Recently my YBR125 has begun not shifting into second gear properly, as in it simply will not engage from 1st, coming down the range is fine and all the other gears shift as normal.

The bike shifts from 1st to neutral but refuses to progress through, which it eventually manages after declutching several times and really giving the changer a good kick, which is less than ideal in town riding.

I have to do my MOD 2 on this bike in the next few weeks, so it needs sorting!

Any help appreciated,

Blake

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Blake,

My changes were not as smooth as I would have liked on my new YBR custom. On inspection of the change lever I found that it was actually physically hitting the engine block which was causing an issue when going up the gears. A small amount of brute force was applied to bend the arm out a bit and the issue was sorted.

Other YBR owners have had proper issues with gear changes that seem to be sorted by letting the clutch out a bit and then re-applying it

Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online