1975 rd250b clutch problem

999homer
This post is 4677 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

Can you tell me the recomended thickness for the plain metal clutch plates as i have some new ones that seem much thicker than the originals.

When i have rebuilt my clutch (twice now) on running the engine it rattles noisily when the lever is pulled right in and does not fully disengage then slips if you try and pull away. fibre plates are 3mm and not warped new rubbers fitted am fitting new springs today (7 fibre plates + 6 metal plates fitted starting fibre plate and finishing fibre plate) any help gratefully received.

Thanks Paul

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have now dressed out any indents in outer basket fitted 7 x 3mm fibre plates and 6 x 1.2mm plain plaites and 7 rubbers drained and re-filled with correct mineral oil and clutch still drags/slips am i missing something here?

Have now dressed out any indents in outer basket fitted 7 x 3mm fibre plates and 6 x 1.2mm plain plaites and 7 rubbers drained and re-filled with correct mineral oil and clutch still drags/slips am i missing something here?

Err yes you are , didnt you read my last post then?

is there a pointer on the clutch arm and a mark on the engine case?? they should align if you push the arm by hand until you meet resistance, do the clutch adjustment until this is achieved then finally re fit the cable and adjust for 3mm of lever slack.

I might add that i am guessing at this as i have not seen the manual!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online