dt175mx

jebb
This post is 4722 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Evening all,

advice/help needed with one of those problems that niggle; something seems to be sucking the life out of my battery.

Its new but every time I turn off the ignition the battery drains, allbeit slowly; the horn will operate but after about 5 mins it will only 'dink' . Once started the battery charges up fine; idiot lights brighten up etc.

Could this be a bad earth?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

sounds normal to me jebb, mine is like that...they just about toot the horn when fully charged.

You could prove it is or is not a leakage by putting a multimeter in series to the battery. Switched to DC Amps

or should I say, disconnect the fuse, touch the battery side with the + probe and the other side with the - probe and see if theres a significant current reading.

sounds normal to me jebb, mine is like that...they just about toot the horn when fully charged.

You could prove it is or is not a leakage by putting a multimeter in series to the battery. Switched to DC Amps

or should I say, disconnect the fuse, touch the battery side with the + probe and the other side with the - probe and see if theres a significant current reading.

Thanks chief, will do

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online