yz125h carb query

bengo
This post is 4725 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ive restored a 1981 yz125h and cant get it to run properly. It runs fine flat out at full throttle however it has no power and runs rough in the midrange and will not idle no matter how I ajust the idle and air screws. I have fully rebuilt the motor. Also can anyone tell me the slide and needle sizes thanks in advance bengo new member. PS its an Australian model with a 32mm mikuni carb.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Thanks for the welcome and rapid reply oldgitonabike. I should have been more descriptive,I have cleaned out the jets and all passageways ect the slide does raise when the Idle screw is wound in and will idle if you open the throttle slightly. Under no load it revs cleanly to full revs,however when riding it has no power from 1/4 to 3/4 throttle run rough (splutters and surges) but it clears up at full throttle and then it really flies. It is also consuming a slight amount of gearbox oil,I have replaced the crank seals however had to reuse the sleeve the seal runs on as they are no longer available from yamaha anymore. It has new bore piston and rings and starts easily it has got me stumped.

No there was none fitted on disassembly and the crappy clymer manual does not show one. It was burning heaps of oil before so I pulled the sleeve back out and smeared silastic between inside of sleeve and crank this slowed usage of oil somewhat but not completly. where does "o"ring go crank side or gear side and would burning the oil be the cause of the rough running and poor performance?

No there was none fitted on disassembly and the crappy clymer manual does not show one. It was burning heaps of oil before so I pulled the sleeve back out and smeared silastic between inside of sleeve and crank this slowed usage of oil somewhat but not completly. where does "o"ring go crank side or gear side and would burning the oil be the cause of the rough running and poor performance?

I wrongly assumed it would be the same as my DT175...that has an 'o' ring. Seems odd that the little yz doesnt have one.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online