rd125lc jetting advice

sooty157
This post is 4747 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi, i've just finished restoring a mk.2 rd125lc it's all standard apart from a micron period exhaust, i replaced the the standard 195 jet with a 210 as a starting point but it seems really sluggish before getting to the powerband i.e at low revs it doesn't want to pull unless you drop it down a gear or two. does anyone have any ideas on the correct jet size?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi, i've just finished restoring a mk.2 rd125lc it's all standard apart from a micron period exhaust, i replaced the the standard 195 jet with a 210 as a starting point but it seems really sluggish before getting to the powerband i.e at low revs it doesn't want to pull unless you drop it down a gear or two. does anyone have any ideas on the correct jet size?

Idea's on the correct jet size, yep lots of idea's.

Its a good job you did a thourough intro telling us about your riding experience, what you know about 2 and 4 strokes. Where you are......

Oh you didn't

Based on the info to hand, dunno.............

Hi sooty.

Best guess is the mixture is wrong at midrange engine speeds (too rich if main jet has been upped).

Stick the standard 195 main jet in and set the needle jet at mid way.

Give it a blast and if OK check the plug colour too black (sooty ha.) and the mixture is too rich etc.

Some stories of power valve set up causing poor performance are on this site and could prove instructive.

all the best

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online