Difference between old and new Dragstars

Sjthjs
This post is 4745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm looking at a set of Vance and Hines short shots, and they are reccommended for 04-onwards 650 Dragstars. Mine is a 01 Dragstar. What's the difference, and are they workable onto a 01? Got my heart set on these babies.

main_y_vs650_ss_staggered.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

They fit on a 1999 Drag, apparently. Two guys round here have them. I'm unaware of any additions mods required.

Similarly, I've been looking at a tank for my 1999 dragstar, the tank is listed as 2000/ 2001, and my local yamaha say that all they know is that there is a difference in the part numbers. The guy on eBay tells me the only reason he listed it as 2000/ 2001 is because of the colour code, and that it's the same as a '99 tank. Does anyone know if there is a difference or not?

Thanks.

The only differences between Dragstars I'm aware of is the variance in colour schemes and minor styling differences (ie 1997 Drags are orange, 2004 Drags had decals rather than stuck on badges, etc).