Some ODD noise in front cylinder - xv125

Kelum
This post is 4717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

ill see what i can do :) kind of want to see how many people would want them

just put a post up in the custom section and see how many replys you get. ;)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is Arnolds Yamaha mate, Arnold Shwarzenneger?? Please put a complete side view pic...:)

Nope, probably next week...how do u remove the gas tank mate, I mean there are lot of hoses going under side, so am kinda scared..to remove it and have a better look.. :unsure:

Hi Guys..I checked both spark plugs today..the front cylinder one had some carbon on it and it was a bit black..the rear cylinder one was white..so I thought if the miss and the fut fut sound were due to a spark plus issue, changing front spark plug to the rear cylinder would transfer the problem to back...I just thought it would solve the problem..

But it didnt..with rear spark plug on it even, the front cylinder still farts...and I heard some tappet-like noise too..I think some big issue is on the front cylinder..oil leaks in both cylinders..so am thinking I should check the ignition coil..this problem comes only if you washed the bike or drove in the rain, so water has to have something to do with the problem...

And when I rev the bike am getting some smoke too..

Please leave what you know

start it when its dry and it will just push any water out the exhaust then go from there in the dry

I think you made a good guess on exhaust from front cylinder mate, there is an oil leak from the front cylinder, right where exhaust coming out..when I wash that place is washed very well to remove mud (as here some rural roads are gravel)..and when riding in the rain that place is soaked all the time with front wheel's splashing water..

Could this be the reason? is there a gasket at that point? How should I work on it? :)

I think you made a good guess on exhaust from front cylinder mate, there is an oil leak from the front cylinder, right where exhaust coming out..when I wash that place is washed very well to remove mud (as here some rural roads are gravel)..and when riding in the rain that place is soaked all the time with front wheel's splashing water..

Could this be the reason? is there a gasket at that point? How should I work on it? :)

Try fitting a Fender Extender/Fender Flicka to the front fender to prevent the water and crap throwing up onto the engine

I thought you'd solved the oil leak problem some weeks ago, didnt you fit new gaskets etc?

depends which side it is mate is it on the outside of the exhaust? or coming from the bottom of the cylinder?

Am talking about the following place of the front cylinder mate. The rear cylinder having the leak on the same place shown, but since its not get splashed by water..it doesnt cause issues, only the front..

exhaustd.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Try fitting a Fender Extender/Fender Flicka to the front fender to prevent the water and crap throwing up onto the engine

I thought you'd solved the oil leak problem some weeks ago, didnt you fit new gaskets etc?

Hi..yes I have gaskets, but am waiting cos I need find good someone to put them, may be I woud be able to do it, waiting for some help, like from one of u.. :unsure:

go to a motor spares shop and look for a tube of chemical metal is a rather cheap fix for now until you fit your gaskets

be extremely careful when removing your exhaust i snapped my bolt off using a small socket set so use a lubricant before you remove them

go to a motor spares shop and look for a tube of chemical metal is a rather cheap fix for now until you fit your gaskets

be extremely careful when removing your exhaust i snapped my bolt off using a small socket set so use a lubricant before you remove them

Ok mate, thanks for the info, I bought a GREY 999 Gasket maker imported from US...The bolts there are very difficult to remove, lubrication would work?

most of the time yes or i use vinegar usually works really well

vinegar is acitic acid, it doesnt corrode metals? :unsure:

Vinegar is a mild acid mate, sure it can dissolve rust when there is rust, it can also increase rusting or oxidization of metals..that means it can also corrode metals..from my chemistry lessons.. :)

Kelum, get yourself a proper penetrating oil if you have seized bolts/screws. Commonly used here is Plusgas. It the bolts/screws dont shift first time, then soak them overnight with the penetrating oil. Dont bugger up the hexagon heads/socket caps, or youll end up having to drill them out. Try to turn them both ways a touch at a time, keep soaking them. You can tap the bolt/screw head with a hammer as the shock can also help to release the bolt (but dont damage the head). Focused application of heat (not red hot) to the bolt or screw can also help to release them.

Patience, patience, and more patience :)

Kelum, get yourself a proper penetrating oil if you have seized bolts/screws. Commonly used here is Plusgas. It the bolts/screws dont shift first time, then soak them overnight with the penetrating oil. Dont bugger up the hexagon heads/socket caps, or youll end up having to drill them out. Try to turn them both ways a touch at a time, keep soaking them. You can tap the bolt/screw head with a hammer as the shock can also help to release the bolt (but dont damage the head). Focused application of heat (not red hot) to the bolt or screw can also help to release them.

Patience, patience, and more patience :)

Thank you mate, I will follow those steps,,..thank you :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online