super motoing a DTR

This post is 4775 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hay hay

as the summers coming i want to go supermoto :)

has any one tryed changing a standard Dtr to super moto?

can i get away with just changing the front wheal or will i have to change both?

any help on this matter would be much appreciated :)Stockers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hay hay

as the summers coming i want to go supermoto :)

has any one tryed changing a standard Dtr to super moto?

can i get away with just changing the front wheal or will i have to change both?

any help on this matter would be much appreciated :)Stockers

You'd have to change both unfortunately. Go with a DTX setup if you can. You'll need the following.

DTX Front forks (not yolks or clamps).

Front wheel

Caliper

Disc

Speedo drive and cable

Rear DTX wheel (should go straight on, if it were a tdr conversion it'd be more work).

I'm running on the same idea as you chap, really want to do the conversion, however there is another option as opposed to getting all the DTX running gear. You can get your hubs re-laced onto supermoto rims for about £220 a wheel, and as far as I can see (unless your VERY lucky and find all the DTX running gear for cheap) this is the cheaper option, and you can pretty much set them up to your taste too :)

this is where I priced them up.

after that, you'll be wanting to change your fork oil to a 15w oil to stiffen the forks up a bit.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online