2 Stroke rev problems

Zircon
This post is 4770 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Im gonna order a new Coil and cap ... i don't really know which cap id need as it doesn't need to be resistive ....

By typing the YB05F into google i find that it has a 14-18mm thread ..... although im finding it difficult to find a non resistive one of these :\

Will somewhere like halfords have them ?

Thanks Again

Zircon

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Im gonna order a new Coil and cap ... i don't really know which cap id need as it doesn't need to be resistive ....

By typing the YB05F into google i find that it has a 14-18mm thread ..... although im finding it difficult to find a non resistive one of these :\

Will somewhere like halfords have them ?

Thanks Again

Zircon

Why?

yours is in spec isnt it.

What plug is fitted ?

and what does the manual say should be fitted?

Why?

yours is in spec isnt it.

What plug is fitted ?

and what does the manual say should be fitted?

Just realised how stupid that was ..... Maybe i should just get a B9ES plug ... did some reading about and having resistor caps and plugs can reduce fuel consumption by 10% :o

Zircon

Thought id keep you guys updated.

Had the new coil come today ... only to be the wrong one ! Dammit . Sent it back and hopefully will have the new one within a couple of days.

I explained the problem and he said he'll throw in a few crank seals just in case, kinda his way of saying sorry i guess !

Need to get her fixed before long ..... Ive applied for a Apprenticeship at Superbyke in Bristol ..... Fingers Crossed.

Zircon

hi zircon I'm having a similar problem to you. But i just wanted to say that my bike ran well with a resistor plug and a resistor cap 5k ohm without a problem. From what i read your bettter off running a bike with a resistor cap rather than a resistor plug because sometimes the resistor in the plug can breakdown very easily then damage your ignition system. hope this helps

hi zircon I'm having a similar problem to you. But i just wanted to say that my bike ran well with a resistor plug and a resistor cap 5k ohm without a problem. From what i read your bettter off running a bike with a resistor cap rather than a resistor plug because sometimes the resistor in the plug can breakdown very easily then damage your ignition system. hope this helps

Thanks for the advice , If you managed to get it sorted let me know what was wrong .... ill keep you updated on whether the seals or coil works

many thanks

Jordan

Theres an easy test of the seals if its possible with your bike. is there a breather pipe on the top of your gearbox housing?

While waiting for the correct coil to arrive , I thought id change the oil , ( I guess if the seals have gone there would be less then normal in there ) although the oil level seemed to be fine , there seemed to be a strong and distinct smell of Petrol from the oil itself. I wonder if this could be a sign that the seals have gone ?

Many thanks

Zircon

Okay i said id write on here as soon as i managed to fix the problem.

I spent a good day changing the crank seal on the bike ( was an absolute biatch to get out ! )and it didnt really make much difference maybe 1 or 2 thousand revs .

However after importing a High speed racing coil from Germany , the bike ran perfectly again ... picked up revs silly fast! and ran quicker then i think she ever has before !

Thanks again guys for the time you spent in helping me with my problem . I hope this can be a help to anyone else having similar problems.

Many thanks

Jordan

p.s. Feel free to mail me on [email protected] for where i got parts etc :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online