custom sprocket

Paulwhite
This post is 4773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

soz for posting so much but i have tried the search with no luck.

custom made sprockets, im in need of a xvs 125 rear sprocket with about 45/46 teeth on it. not sure if they make one but im willing to have one made....one problem .......i cant find anyone in the uk that make a 428 pitch sprocket. :( plenty of US websites but no uk ones :(:(

dont suppose anyone knows of a site or a phone number of somewhere that make sprockets to order?

at the mo iv got a standard 63 tooth on back and a 16 tooth on front so thats a 3.9 to 1 ratio, would like to be somewhere in the 2.8 to one as i have no top end and its like an aprillia rs 50 (restricted) :( (boo hoo hoo )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

iv found these guys :DMy link sent them an e-mail ....so its just a waiting game to see if they reply. (fingers crossed)

Just had a look over at WEMoto - they list the XVS rear standard as a 59, not 63 .... ?

I'm not sure if the little XVS mill could pull a 16/46 ratio - you might end up with a reasonable top speed ..... eventually ..... but be out-dragged from the lights by milk floats, spaz chariots (remember the Invacar anyone?), 3 legged donkeys etc.

If it were me, I'd go for the most extreme off the shelf ones I could get - in this case 18/56 = 3.1:1 (ish) - and see how it pulls from there. Should the bike still feel like it's got a bit more 'go' left, then you could decide whether you wanted to spend the extra getting a custom jobby made up.

Just sayin'

uv not been on here for a while have you KirriePete :P (have a search for a post called WOO HOO)iv got a honda cbr 125 6speed engine in there which has a little more poke plus the bike is quite a bit lighter :) and yes it is a 59 (i was going off memory...too many fumes at work me thinks) but the cbr uses a 2.3 to 1 ratio so im going for something in between. at the moment im getting 45 mph ....top speed.... which is pants lol

iv sent an e-mail to the ppl in the link that i posted but still no reply.

oh and littlepig wemoto do a standard tooth (which is what iv got) and one with 3 teeth less but it wont give me the ratio im after. :(

we have contact! :D someone from the link i posted, has replied saying its going to take 3 weeks and cost about £50 :D horay! iv decided to go for the 46 tooth as i can tweak it with different size front sprockets.

il keep everyone updated with how it goes... never know when other people might need to find somewhere in the uk that can make a sprocket. ;)