125 or 250?

plain darren
This post is 7117 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

For some reason (not sure why, maybe you said before) I thought it was May.

Dunno why, I mentioned something on wsatc about doing something in April but my B'day is at the start of MArch. Booked the test this early cos there was a 2month waiting list when I did my theory before the earliest possible slot.

Lets see, should you buy a more powerful or less powerful bike. Well if you hadn't fallen off your other bike and broken your arm it would have been a difficult decision. However I think that you are the sort of person who should do their time on every rung of the ladder, next time it might not be a broken arm, or they might not be able to fix it.

Definately a good point, and should probably go with a 125 thinking about that, but it looks like it's deffo going to come down to finances.

I know I can get a TZR125 for about £1000, maybe even a bit less... :?

I know I can get a TZR125 for about £1000, maybe even a bit less... :?

You should definitely be able to get a good '90-'92 TZR125 for that, possibly even a '93-on TZR125R. If you do end up getting the earlier 125, try and get a '90-onwards version (rear disc and 17" front- the first bikes had a rear drum and 16" fronts) It's hard knowing which bike you want and being hamstrung by money, that's why my first bike only cost £525. I've always wanted a TZR250 3XV SP but I've never had the cash available when I've seen one. Plus my lass would kill me (literally) if I bought another bike...

Mick.