Help with Virago XV 125 Pipe from Caburetor

DE51GNZ
This post is 4795 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

I wonder if you can help. I recently brought a Virago XV 125 as a non-runner and have been spending the last few weeks slowly putting her back to former glory.

I have had to do the typical, hunt for manuals and buy spare parts that were missing.

Problems the bike had were:

Possible TDI unit fault (turned out to be broken wire in the loom)

Battery not charging (Rectifier replacment needed)

Electrical problems (turned out to be burnt connectors on the fuse wire, replaced and all fine)

The problem i have is that the previous owner had tried to repair the bike and had taken a lot of it apart. So i have had to buy replacement, bolts and screws, washers and clips.

PROBLEM is they had disconnected the vacum and fuel pipes off of everything and now i dont know where they go.

I have managed to work out from the virago diagrams where most of them go but i am stuck on 1 pipe which comes from the carburetor. See photo below

Picture of carbuetor pipe

If this is not very clear then it is pipe number 29 on the exploeded diagram here pipe 26

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as i am really looking forward to getting her back on the road.

Thanks again

Daniel

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, seems to me this is the pipe that doesnt connect to anything at the free end..it just goes into left air cleaner cover, if you could open the cover of the left air cleaner, at the rear end there should be a hole matching the diameter of the pipe so just put it there...as if the pipe comes out from left air cleaner and goes into carb...

I think its a breather pipe..thats all..my bike has it that way mate..:D

yeah its a breather/overflow pipe m8 it is supposed to go into the left air cleaner thing but you could put it anywhere or just take it off. nowt to worry about :D

as to your build any help you need with the engine ....give me a bell iv rebuilt mine a couple of times (including a crank replacement) and know them inside and out

il give you some tips, the engine is very temperamental so you need to get the air/fuel mix spot on, and make sure u have good oil! the crank seems to be a weak point for these engines. and last but not least piston rings are as rear as rocking horse poo so look after them ;)

Cheers to you both.

I feel alot better knowing it wasnt that important.

Now you mention it i have inspected the left air box and it does have a small hole in the bottom for the pipe.

Thanks for all your help

Have a new fuse holder on order and should be in next week so i will finally be able to fire her up.

I have brought new oil and oil filter so once i can heat up the engine i will give it an oil change.

Will keep you in mind if i need any help on the engine and thanks for the heads up on the piston rings.

Thanks again, will keep you informed.

Cant wait to get out on her!!!

Regards

Dan

Cheers to you both.

I feel alot better knowing it wasnt that important.

Now you mention it i have inspected the left air box and it does have a small hole in the bottom for the pipe.

Thanks for all your help

Have a new fuse holder on order and should be in next week so i will finally be able to fire her up.

I have brought new oil and oil filter so once i can heat up the engine i will give it an oil change.

Will keep you in mind if i need any help on the engine and thanks for the heads up on the piston rings.

Thanks again, will keep you informed.

Cant wait to get out on her!!!

Regards

Dan

Cool mate..yeah Paul will help u with the bigger stuff..keep us informed..:D