White smoke from Thundercat Exhaust

heihachi
This post is 4800 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, another week another worry!

After getting the knocking sorted from the rear of my 'cat I have now noticed on the way into work this morning that there seems to be an extradorinary amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

After trawling the internet I am getting conflicting advice, some say it could be head gasket/broken cylinder whilst others say it could just be oil being burt off.

The oil was changed as part of a service I had done when the chain was replaced, could it be this at fault? Cant afford another huge repair :( :(

Any ideas lads??

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well, another week another worry!

After getting the knocking sorted from the rear of my 'cat I have now noticed on the way into work this morning that there seems to be an extradorinary amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust.

After trawling the internet I am getting conflicting advice, some say it could be head gasket/broken cylinder whilst others say it could just be oil being burt off.

The oil was changed as part of a service I had done when the chain was replaced, could it be this at fault? Cant afford another huge repair :( :(

Any ideas lads??

could be water which means head gasket failure. was it all re-torqued down after 100 miles or so?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online