DT175mx tyres for green laning

This post is 4819 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello all, after some advice, whats the widest reat tyre that will fit in my square section swing arm.. running an MT 43 trial block at the moment, its quite snug in the frame, problem is on the muddy green lanes it fills up and becomes a slick..lol.. any ideas what would be better.. thanks.. chris.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hello all, after some advice, whats the widest reat tyre that will fit in my square section swing arm.. running an MT 43 trial block at the moment, its quite snug in the frame, problem is on the muddy green lanes it fills up and becomes a slick..lol.. any ideas what would be better.. thanks.. chris.

Man up :P , run a bridgestone TW301/302 open block road tyre See here and a knobly on the front. I have ridden the ridgeway on these in November weather with others on knobblies and to be honest the difference was only measured in sweat and fuel, i got everywhere they did, after the first experience i did get myself a spare front with a proper mud tyre (knobbly) on it as that was the primary off situation. Rode like that for 7-8 years off road.

When your out and the tyre is filling spin the bastard to within an inch of its life and hey whoopsie , grip. Its not as good as a knobbly but as the knobblies don't work well at all on DTMX's its a pretty good compromise.

At the end of the day on dirt the only end that really needs grip is the front. The back slips about anyway and a big old rooster tail of dirt is much more fun.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online