New project on it's way

DirtyDT
This post is 4724 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Those that know me know that I have been looking for a new classic project. I have looked at a GT185 and last weekend did a 130 mile round trip to look at a XT500. I have trawled through the papers and interweb. I had narrowed my search to mainly looking for a XT500, a TDR250 or a classic 2 stroker. My attention was called to a bike on evilbay with a dodgy single picture showing nothing of the bike and posted in the wrong category. The bike didn't seem to attract a lot of interest but I spoke to the bloke on the phone and he gave me some further details, including a blown piston and that the bike had been in his garage since 1995 and had about 14k miles on it. Armed with this, and some other info, I decided I wanted to buy it. It went for very little money, to me, luckily. :D

What is it? A 1978 Suzuki TS250C.

I don't know what condition it is in apart from what the guy has told me but I do know that it is in the back of a van at the moment making its way to me from not so sunny Essex.

Hopefully pictures to follow.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few hundred quid so I can't be too much out of pocket. I brought it on the strength of this photo only

TS1.JPG

The ER was for sale too (without an engine) but I wanted the classic looking one more. Lets see what turns up :unsure:

Well it has arrived. a bit worse than I thought but looks like the makings of a good project. Been out with the Plusgas already and had a good squirt around. A couple of MOTs and Tax disk came with it and look like the mileage is genuine. I don't think I will have it running tomorrow :lol:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

I had better get my cheque book out :huh:

Superb Dirty" its the later TS. [ slim tank] the fun is soarsing all the parts and building it . then the paint-work.... it"l be good bike wen finnished... ;)

Not sure TBH. There is no piston in it but the crank spins smoothly. I think I will take an inventory tomorrow. It didn't show up until 5pm so I didn't get a chance to see what was missing. Most of it seems to be there. The electrics seem butchered which always surprises me as the electrics on these old bikes are so simple but people always think that hacking at wires will fix something :huh:

There was a nice one on evilbay a little while ago HERE Not sure if the front mudguard is right? but I would like to get it back to something like this. I might have to throw a grand (or one and a half) at it, but it should keep me out of trouble :D .

Superb Dirty" its the later TS. [ slim tank] the fun is soarsing all the parts and building it . then the paint-work.... it"l be good bike wen finnished... ;)

The tank is very, very slim. About 6 inches across. It is the model after the bananna exhaust one but before the ER's.

Looks like a nice project buddy B) , can't wait to see the 'work in progress' pics :)

Cheers BWJ. I have 2 big tins of plusgas at the ready for tomorrow. :P

oh?, :huh: , is that a lager or an Ale ? :blink:

oh?, :huh: , is that a lager or an Ale ? :blink:

Ha ha. It's a dismantling lubricant :lol::smash: . Even I wouldn't want to drink it :D . It is next to the freeze spray, the GT86, the WD40 and the degreaser. I just hope no one lights a match

Aye dirty" what you use the freeze spray for ? plumbing? i like the older TS250, :rolleyes: prob it was the model my mates had,

ts250m.jpg

Aye dirty" what you use the freeze spray for ? plumbing? i like the older TS250, :rolleyes: prob it was the model my mates had,

For a bit of a shock to a bolt if it isn't going to shift. Plusgas, heat, cold and repeat.

I like the banana TS's too but nothing came up that looked like a challenge for the right money.

He used it on his computer screen when the ebay bids were getting too high. :P

:D If only that worked. :D

good project there. It seems mostof the bitz are there. I know Stafford has tons of suzi stuff and there always crooks for bits!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online