WR125 X 2011 PROBLEM!?

Will Munsey
This post is 4820 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Had my WR125 X 2011 for about a week and a half now. got 400 miles on the clock so just over halfway through the running in period.

BUT... last night I started having some trouble with my gearbox, specifiaclly when changing down after coasting to a stop at traffic lights.

The shifter would move down but no gears would change.

I also noticed that the gears do seem quite clunky.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Had my WR125 X 2011 for about a week and a half now.

<snip>

Any ideas?

Yes, do nothing to the bike. Take it back to the dealer and let them sort it out.

would just be nice to know why/what might be causing it for a bit of peice of mind.

It shouldn't stick, but it cold be something as simple as your clutch needing adjusted, or the gearbox could be in meltdown!!!. It is important to get these things checked out as soon as possible, the last thing you want is to have the dealer/Yamaha saying you should have brought it in sooner.

Hi everyone,

Had my WR125 X 2011 for about a week and a half now. got 400 miles on the clock so just over halfway through the running in period.

BUT... last night I started having some trouble with my gearbox, specifiaclly when changing down after coasting to a stop at traffic lights.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Sounds to me like, the gear selector spring has gone!

Hi everyone,

Any ideas?

Cheers

If you are coasting to a stop and then trying to knock it down through the box(from say 5 th gear) when stationary it is bound to be a bit notchy/awkward. This is normal. You'd be better changing down into the right gear before stopping.

Most gearboxes dont like this .

If your worried take it back to the dealer as already advised.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online