EXUP dyno run

Rich
This post is 7131 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Took my EXUP for a dyno run today. It's all standard apart from a K&N filter element. The power is measured at the crank (not sure why they do it this way but they do) so allowing about 10% for transmission losses it's doing about 125 at the wheel which is good enough for me. The tester did comment that it's running very rich and sooty - something like 7.5%co (should be nearer 1.5) which is probably down to worn emulsion tubes in the carbs but said it's still making lots of power :) It's an 89 model with 28k on the clock.

exupdyno.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Cheers guys. I'm very pleased with it. After all the hassle I had when I first bought it - knackered exup valve, valve shims etc I am glad it's doing what it's supposed to. I've only had strokers and an FZ750 before so had nothing to really compare the bike to. Where it's only got 5 widely spaced gears and a smooth power curve it's deceptive how fast you're going even though it doesn't always feel like it :wink:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online