newbie with a question ??? help me decide

Avo
This post is 4835 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hey all i am in a bit of a dilemma and would like some opinions off yourselves.

i have a 08 aprilia rs 125 and think i want to swap for either a dt125 or dtx125 i just think i would have more fun on a dt as my friend has one and his lifts in 1st and 2nd gear has loads of power taking off and thats exactly what i want.

are all dt's quick off the mark i dont want one if its too slow as mine now does 85/90mph still restricted but want more acceleration.

definetely need some help deciding ??????

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

DT's arent meant for speed they are an aerodynamic disaster and would have to work much harder than the aprilia race rep bike, thay are more than likely also heavier. having said that they are great fun and have a huge following. It's up to you but if top speed is your thing stick with what you have. aprilias ars also great bikes. My DT speedo only goes to 80mph and at that speed I dont find it comfortable but it accelerates well and I like the style of them

thanks for the speedy reply. to be honest as long as it does say 70mph thats fine.

i really like the styling of the dt and especially the sound its the accelaration i want tbh.

has yours had mods and does it have enough power to wheelie as u take off ??

I cant wheelie to save my life lol but thats more down to me than the bike. Your Aprilia is a fooking awesome bike you should keep it in my opinion, it's restricted but thats ok when you are qualified to ride a full power bike it will no doubt leave the DT standing I should think, I'm not doing much of a job here singing the praises of the DT am I but like I say I think you have a bike to treasure there. Save up and buy a DT as well then you'll have the best of both worlds ;)

The DT will do 70 no problem and to be honest thats better than thrashing it to the 80+

I cant wheelie to save my life lol but thats more down to me than the bike. Your Aprilia is a fooking awesome bike you should keep it in my opinion, it's restricted but thats ok when you are qualified to ride a full power bike it will no doubt leave the DT standing I should think, I'm not doing much of a job here singing the praises of the DT am I but like I say I think you have a bike to treasure there. Save up and buy a DT as well then you'll have the best of both worlds ;)

The DT will do 70 no problem and to be honest thats better than thrashing it to the 80+

thanks for the advice my mates dt has had a 180cc bore kit on it and is riducously quick off the mark and just keeps going i cant even catch up on a good run haha im just always worried about my bike blowing up so never really like to give it full revs lol

thanks for the advice my mates dt has had a 180cc bore kit on it and is riducously quick off the mark and just keeps going i cant even catch up on a good run haha im just always worried about my bike blowing up so never really like to give it full revs lol

It's not a level playing field then is it? a still restricted 125 against a 180 de restricted. relax and enjoy what you have and most importantly stay safe.

It's not a level playing field then is it? a still restricted 125 against a 180 de restricted. relax and enjoy what you have and most importantly stay safe.

thanks again for advice but still no idea what to do lol dt just looks more fun suppose i need to have a go of one and see what i think .

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online