Fazer 600 Rear Shock options

Lurch.
This post is 4729 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey all,

Ive recently picked up an older 1998 600 Fazer mostly for commuting duties and a bit of scratching around the twisties.

I've already got the front forks sorted, however I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the rear shock.

Are my only options something expensive like a Hagon or a Ohlins? Or is there other model shocks that fit? (ie Thundercat/R6/FZ1)

Cheers,

Lurch

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Not sure about alternatives, but you coud send it off to Brookes suspension for a service and revalve/respring. I think a service is about £100 not sure about costs to set up and revalve.

• 4 months later...

Hey all,

Ive recently picked up an older 1998 600 Fazer mostly for commuting duties and a bit of scratching around the twisties.

I've already got the front forks sorted, however I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with the rear shock.

Are my only options something expensive like a Hagon or a Ohlins? Or is there other model shocks that fit? (ie Thundercat/R6/FZ1)

Cheers,

Lurch

Hi, if your fzr600 is the 4jh model then the thundercat shock will fit

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online