R6 downpipe onto xj6 09

razz
This post is 4723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all , would anyone know if a R6 downpipe , would fit on the xj6 09 model , the 2002 R6 did not have the cat unit , they are easily available and would allow fitment of an after market can at a cheaper than full system cost , the xj does use a de-tuned r6 unit after all , any thoughts , thanks loads , razz

• 4 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi all , would anyone know if a R6 downpipe , would fit on the xj6 09 model , the 2002 R6 did not have the cat unit , they are easily available and would allow fitment of an after market can at a cheaper than full system cost , the xj does use a de-tuned r6 unit after all , any thoughts , thanks loads , razz

Did you try it? what happened? Is there a mount for the lambda sensor?

KW

This can be done but you need access to a good welder or a decent exhaust modding company as you will need to alter the downpipes to fit the xj. As you have correctly identified you will also need the sensor welding in place. Plus you need a fuel commander to handle the changes on the ECU.

I think the message is that none of the options for the xj are cheap!

If you want to know exactly how this option works out, go on the FZ6R forum (name of the xj in the USA) and search Marthy Exhaust. This is one of the first guys to mod using R6 downpipes. The thread is massive with many questions answered. I decided not to bother as it looked to expensive for me. Might try to save up!

Adam_Fozz

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online