Tzr 50

Townfan10
This post is 4857 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, i own a 2002 tzr 50 (pre foxeye) and it is a grey import so i struggle to source parts at a reasonable price, and recently a bucket full of decorating bits and bobs fell from the loft of my garage onto my tank and left a very large dint in the petrol tank, i was just wondering if anybody had any clues as to where i can find a new tank or repair the current tank at a reasonable price as i have searched and found nothing under £300, also i was wondering if anybody had any tips as to running it, whether i should leave it standard or source some aftermarket performance parts and any suggestions on oil, im currently running it on silkolene scoot sport but i dont believe this is best for the engine, any ideas as to a good 2 stroke oil

Regards, Jack

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I'd repair the tank, you can dent pull the thing (or someone else can)

modern two stroke oil is fine, why do you think its not?

need to show us the dent and I can see what you need. I weld a nail head on the tank and use a hammer puller to pull the dent out.

I can't find how to insert an image without it being a URL, any suggestions?

get a photobucket account(its free)

Paste in the IMG tagged link (of the pikkie)in there, into the text box and let the html do its stuff

might get away with a "spoon" to get the dent out. go speak with a body shop, they may do it for you for £20 if you ask nicely and on the QT ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online