XVS Bobber Pictures

Paulwhite
This post is 4855 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

its getting there slowly but surely! :D got a nice long checklist to complete but iv set a deadline! march 23rd! (my birthday lol) then il be taking it to M.F.N for its 1st outing on march 28th :D ready for the summer B)

P140111_1026.jpg

P140111_1026_01.jpg

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

oh iv been meaning to ask.. anyone know the "law" (is there is one) on fenders? like how big they should be to go through an mot ?

im gonna make some but want them as small as possible but dont know where i stand.

I think the law is very vague (not unusual then)

It says there must be a mudguard/fender, but i dont think it goes into specifics.

Look great though paul. But was just thinking, why don't you exhaust wrap it from the engine to JUST before the tip at the end, leaving a bit of shiney exposed... I recon that would look fooking brilliant (it does anyway!).

Yeah get that girl ready for the summer, so I can come up and rideout :)

Saying that, I have something to confess :offtopic:

I sold her, the xvs125 yesterday. So now I'm a Yama-poster :(

you traitor!!

just kiddin m8 :D yeah im puttin exhaust wrap on it as the exhaust is just touching the frame so hopefully that should stop any heat transfer.

as to the fenders iv seen loads of different sizes ect, but just wasnt sure.....il find out soon enough.

im just hoping i can get it done in time as there is loads to do, but yeah you should come up my way and il take you to round matlock then to M.F.N its a good ride, and there are loads and loads of bikes that turn up, plenty to look at (or should it be plenty to drool at?), on the odd occasion you get a hotrod or 2 or a new viper will show up with his m8 in a lambo lmao also there is a bloke who shows up in his helicopter and a couple of parogliders...... might even manage to enter my bike in the show and shine....(fingers crossed) but then again itl be on L plates :lol:

swear you were on a full licence Paul?

GET IT DONE!!! It's nice to have under your belt.

But I will definitely pop up your way. Manchester is it?

Chris

nah dude only got a provisonal ......been riding for 7 years now lol .... its on my list of things to do but i need to get the misses to pass her car test 1st, then while im at work she can take the kids out to her mums, but as soon as thats done il be putting in for my test :D

and no not manchester....

im closer to chesterfield, derbyshire (about 10min away) lol

no m8 all iv done to the frame is take the rear fender mount off.

so its still the same size :D

stunning paul!...nice job

I do agree with christofeser some exhaust wrap would look mean!

oh,

and I have only got a provisional to, and have been riding for about 6 years, but i was reading about this new motorbike test which gives you a CBT/125 license for two years and then you can ride anything after that! sounds good!

p.s. what type of paint did you use to paint the rims? cos mine went all bubbly!

as far as i know you can take a 125 test that restricts you to a certain amount of power for a couple of years then you can get a bigger bike, but im not sure m8 they have changed it all. and iv got to get the misses to pass her car test 1st b4 i can start saving for my bike test :D

but yeah the wheels are just a test, iv used rattle can enamel from Wilkinson's :lol: on top of hammerite special metal primer then finished with enamel clearcoat they have been in the elements since last june and have some hairline cracks forming but im quite impressed with how long its lasted, but i will be re-doing it in the summer B)