drag bars

littlepig
This post is 4880 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

evening all,drag bars arrived today not fitted as a bit on the cold side up here today.Was wondering if the bar end weights wil still fit on the new bars ??? Paul your probs the best one to ask hereas i know you've changed yours.Other question is i know there is a dimple on the standard bars for the throttle , will this make any differance ? thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well thats a relief, I thought you meant

:o

I expect you'll have a few un-welcome visitors to your in-box E-mail and bookface accounts after posting a title like that :lol:

you wont be able to use the original bar ends.(unless you fancy welding a nut in the end of the new bars) but you could get some new standard things to fit on there. as to the controls just tightern them up as much as you can or put a bit of inner tube between the bars and controls, then that should help it not to slip.

Got the bars on feels great only problem I've got now is the throttle won't spring back any advice guys ?

follow the wire from the controls and about an inch or 2 you will come to a big bit (an adjuster kinda thing) have a play with that. if that dont sort it then something is caught, so split the switch unit and dismantle the throttle control then put it back together. use some wd40 to lube it up. :D

use some wd40 to lube it up. :D

I wouldn't use WD 40, it freezes at a higher temp than other oils (along with 3 in 1 oil) and might just cause your throttle cable to freeze open on a freezing cold morning on the way home from a night shift.

Happened to me 3 weeks ago :P As well as the clutch cable also freezing! I have since re-lubed the cables with engine oil and not had the freeze problem since (and it was -9 the other day!!!)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online