no registration number or v5

steveem
This post is 4926 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hhi club ime steve 47 from norfolk i own several early yamaha enduro bikes mainly xts a 78 500 and a few 250s a 73 twinshock dt250 ime hopeing maybe i can give a little help to others aswell as getting some help myself regarding a bike ime just purchasing ....it was described as a 1979 dt250 mx the bike has been completly rebuilt it has matching frame engine numbers ..*1r7130123* i have been in touch with the police to check if stolen and possibly get reg number ...no help there data protection??..i have spoke with dvla they said they cant get registration number from frame number ? but told me i could have a q plate !!!! i have spoken with a yamaha dealer he has told me the bike is a 1981 4E70....can anyone help with this problem as i really dont want a q plate any help input would be greatly apreciated regards steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ha Ha , another enduro nut, im sure if you could get a letter from Yamaha UK declaring the date of manufacture you should be able to registered with an age related one. I in the middle of a resto on my 1971 DT1 which will need registering as its US import, shouldnt be a problem for you as its a UK bike.

That many bikes tother sites that can be helpful.

Cheers Tommy10bikes

http://www.trailbikeandenduroclassics.com

Ha Ha , another enduro nut, im sure if you could get a letter from Yamaha UK declaring the date of manufacture you should be able to registered with an age related one. I in the middle of a resto on my 1971 DT1 which will need registering as its US import, shouldnt be a problem for you as its a UK bike.

That many bikes tother sites that can be helpful.

Cheers Tommy10bikes

http://www.trailbikeandenduroclassics.com

You will love your dt1 calendar2011011.jpg

You will love your dt1 calendar2011011.jpg

thx for your replies after writing my post i did call yamaha uk and your spot on there is an admin fee of 40 pounds for them to send the letter out so hopefully i can get it sorted, great pic very nice looking bike..........enduro nut!!!!!i like it i think ime having a midlife crisis!!!! i got a garage full i think the xt 250s will have to go after christmas any interst ??regards steve

Hi Nets,

Now thats a nice bike,was it in one of the classic bike magazines. I have a 69 model really rough , no lights with 21" front wheel that i will make into a mx version.

This is my 71 E model before and part way through the restoration.

DSC034471.jpg

DSCF5261.jpg

Few of mine

DSCF2196s.jpg

and heres my favorite

DSCF4371.jpg

Cheers Tommy10bikes

yeah my bike was in classic bike think it was july or august issue. I dream about XT500's the only thing that stops me from getting one is I would struggle with the starting (or so I've been told) I get annoyed if I can't start the 500, suppose my MT is a bit like a modern day xt. Keep thinking about ditching the flatracker project(it has been ongoing for 4 or more years) for a dt400 but I can't bring myself to part with it :D:D

Yes, ditch the flat tracker as it gone on far to long and get a DT400, far more fun. My DT360 puts a smile on my face when i ride it but thats next years resto project. Regarding the XT well as long as they are set up correctly and you go for a 77 model onwards with a decompression lever there no trouble at all.

TTB

Nets

I new it was your bike in the magazine, as i read in on holiday and saved the issue somewhere.

It will spur me on the to find it and read it again. There was a 68 model that was on US ebay last night that didnt reach its reserve and that was over $6000.

TTB

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online