XS400 Brake Fluid Reservoir Tilt

junununu
This post is 4912 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently swapped out my stock bars for a pair of BikeMaster clubman cafe style bars, but noticed that the brake fluid reservoir is in a tilt. I'm concerned about fluid being able to flow through, because the opening is now the highest point on the reservoir, so all the fluid pools down by the opposite corner of the opening.

Is the reservoir pressure activated and does fluid still run through, or do I need to find an aftermarket fluid reservoir?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I recently swapped out my stock bars for a pair of BikeMaster clubman cafe style bars, but noticed that the brake fluid reservoir is in a tilt. I'm concerned about fluid being able to flow through, because the opening is now the highest point on the reservoir, so all the fluid pools down by the opposite corner of the opening.

Is the reservoir pressure activated and does fluid still run through, or do I need to find an aftermarket fluid reservoir?

you can get the "custom" master cylinders as they have an angled body to compensate for the bars!

you can get the "custom" master cylinders as they have an angled body to compensate for the bars!

the ones i'm finding on ebay are around 200 or so, do i need the whole assembly, or can i just find something that would maybe fit where my old mirror used to be now that i'm using bar end mirrors?

the ones i'm finding on ebay are around 200 or so, do i need the whole assembly, or can i just find something that would maybe fit where my old mirror used to be now that i'm using bar end mirrors?

get a modern cylinder with a remote resevoir if your not bothered about originality

So I could attach something like : remote-reservoir-for-master-cylinders_12 and leave the one i have on there as is?

if you make a cover plate in place of the old resevior with a nipple on it, you could use one of those

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online