xt 125 - 15mins to start now slow

escie
This post is 4925 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

been awhile since i have posted on here! I wonder if anyone can help!

I have been commuting to work 30miles a day on my xt125 and after leaving it for a long weekend it would not start on monday morning.

After about 15mins is started but the electric display was just showing some error. But i managed to drive to work. When i finished it was all working fine except for one thing.

Once i get in to 4th i cannot go above 45mph infact it starts to slow down to eventually 38-39 mph. Now this is dangerous for me as i have to travel on a busy dual carrige way.

I havent serviced it in 1000miles although its brand (previous owner did 500miles, so was serviced etc when i got it in july). Any ideas what it good be? Its kept in the dry except when its parked at work. All electrics work fine now. Just no speed.

any help would be very gratefully received.

Kind Regards

Sam

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

seemed like battery died (from using electric start), then switched to kick still took around 20kicks.

starts first time again now though but still 40-45mph its stuck at :(

Do compression test to rule out alot of things ! Keep throttle fully on when doing the test.

thanks read up on that ill try it at the weekend.

Think ill go over all cables with some wd40, check/change spark plug.

Change oil? can i change engine oil in a 4 stroke. i know i used to alot on my dt :).

clean carb out, do chain etc.

then ill report back.

thanks 2 wheels :)

i tried going in 5th last nite on way home and when i changed in to 5th it revved like i had gone in to neutral and until my speed went down to like 20mph i could not change out of 5th. :/

please help anyone!!!!1 <3 :)

You have said so many things now that we dont know what problems the bike has

I think its the clutch that is slipping as im getting slower and slower every day and i cant change in to 5th.

I was just saying someone has stolen my sprocket case :/ weird! :) :X

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online