loseing power in higher gears

anley111
This post is 4933 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi to all. had my dtr afew weeks now seems wenim in higher gearrs that ther isnt as much power unless im thrashing it at 8000 revs. this is my first bike is it normal? cheers lookin forward to hearing from somebody with a bit more knowleadge that me lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hi to all. had my dtr afew weeks now seems wenim in higher gearrs that ther isnt as much power unless im thrashing it at 8000 revs. this is my first bike is it normal? cheers lookin forward to hearing from somebody with a bit more knowleadge that me lol

have a search on the forum, loads of people on here have dt's and their is years worth of info on here. no doubt someone in the past has had the same problem you have m8.

as to high gears the higher the gear the less pulling power you get ! its because its a 125 and should only have 15bhp max (by law) and in terms of getting to a high speed fast 15bhp is rubbish.

is the power valve working, some people disconnect the electric cable to the PV motor and fix the thing fully open. When this is done you would find the bike very bad to ride unless the revs are high and you get an 'all or nothing' type of performance

Remove the PV pulley cover and see if it operates properly when the motor is revved. ;)

is the power valve working, some people disconnect the electric cable to the PV motor and fix the thing fully open. When this is done you would find the bike very bad to ride unless the revs are high and you get an 'all or nothing' type of performance

Remove the PV pulley cover and see if it operates properly when the motor is revved. ;)

yeah power valuve works it kicks in about 7-8000 revs. dont mean to sound like a complete turd, but a dont know wot a pv motor is or what its use is lol. if u could give any adice how to locate the pv that would be sweet. cheers old git

have a search on the forum, loads of people on here have dt's and their is years worth of info on here. no doubt someone in the past has had the same problem you have m8.

as to high gears the higher the gear the less pulling power you get ! its because its a 125 and should only have 15bhp max (by law) and in terms of getting to a high speed fast 15bhp is rubbish.

yeah power valuve works it kicks in about 7-8000 revs. dont mean to sound like a complete turd, but a dont know wot a pv motor is or what its use is lol. if u could give any adice how to locate the pv that would be sweet. cheers old git

but you said the valve works? so the motor is fine and still connected then ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online