Carnage(graphic) not for the week of heart restorer.

naagsca.com
This post is 4943 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello to all. I have returned to the two wheel world after a 5 year absents. In 2005 I was involved in what should have been a fatal hit and run. By the grace of god, I came out pretty good. I was on my 50th motorcycle, a 2003 heritage soft-tail classic. Well a few weeks back I started itching, so to scratch it, I returned to my high school years, I am 52 now. I picked up a truly cherry 74 Rd 350 and a very nice 77 XS 400.

Well while talking to a local around here about old bikes he related this story to me."In about 1983 I went down to this road between X and Z to buy a starter for a Honda 350. The guy had a bunch of bikes, but told me I had to buy them all, no single parts" I became very interested in what road he was talking about. He could not remember for sure, it had been 27 years. He gave me a general location and I went hunting. After knocking on a few doors, I had a better location a few hours later. I found the place and see a lot of bikes in the back. There was a fence, and no one looked to be home. I checked with a few next door nabors and got a phone number. Well I called the lady, she told be to come see here tomorrow. I am jazzed,now. I show up the next day and visit with her for a while. She is a widow, her and her husband were in the motorcycle salvage game in the 60,70 and early 80s. Well he has been gone for about 9 years. Sad story , no kids that live close or even cared, and she uses a power scooter to get around, but still pretty sharp. Told me if I cheated her she would shot me, I told her fair enough.

I went out there with the hope of trying to buy the lot, but there is just two much to move, and like most yards of this kind, she wanted to much for it. Well I went back a few days latter and had a long talk with her about what she wants to do with the stuff. I covered the fact that most of it with scrap, We came to a deal, that I would sell the stuff off for her, on commission. I spent 25 years running pawn shops, selling and valuing is what I do best. I have sold a couple of bikes and some other equipment, last week, but there is still a lot to work thru. Anyway I thought you guy might like a little look, because that Is all I have had so far, lots of bikes under bushes, still to deal with. Lot of old memories coming back, walking around the place. Like "O I had one of these" or "Man John had one of those in 10 grade" even " Mike died on one just like that in 75" . Anyway enjoy. tim

P.S I am not trying to sell any of these stuff here, the link is just the one I have been using locally.

http://s499.photobucket.com/albums/rr360/97hw/127/vintage%20iron/?start=all

http://s499.photobuc...iron/?start=all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online