XVS 125 strange engine noise

Reservoir-dog
This post is 4953 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

At first I though it was from some kind of exhaust leak but now it seems like it comes from the rear right hand side of the engine.

The noise only comes on when the engine runs hot.

It is difficult to describe the noise. The only think that comes to mind (I know it sounds stupid) is that it sounds like a canary whistle in a intermittent kind of way.

How I can post a pic and pin point the part of the engine?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Please can someone tell me how to add a pic to the topic? I'm very worried with this engine noise and I would love to know what is behind the engine cover if is the dynamo or the clutch. I suspect it can be a ceased bearing.

At first I though it was from some kind of exhaust leak but now it seems like it comes from the rear right hand side of the engine.

The noise only comes on when the engine runs hot.

It is difficult to describe the noise. The only think that comes to mind (I know it sounds stupid) is that it sounds like a canary whistle in a intermittent kind of way.

How I can post a pic and pin point the part of the engine?

Go to the FAQ section and try following the instructions about pinning photos

if its coming from the rear cylinder at the top to the right it could just be a hole in the exhaust joint (a little bent pipe that links the rear exhaust to the cylinder)there prone to rotting!, and the clutch is on the right(as ur sat on the bike)

might be the cam chain is a little loose but im sure its self adjusting. when was the last time it was serviced?

could be a number of things m8, is it only when ur riding the bike or does it do it when its not moving?

Paul

It does it all the time once the engine gets warm. Even when idling. Never when is could.

My first incline was some kind of leak but then again could be a bearing that is about to cease.

Thanks a lot for pointing me where the clutch is and how to pin a pic.

All the best mate

ok might be a silly question but is the oil filler cap on properly?

and that would be the clutch where the arrow is pointing, best bet would be to drain the oil and take the cover off and have a good look.

Here is place where I thing the whistling noise comes from but then again I'm not sure

xvs125.jpg

Always try the quickest and simplest possibilities first.

Enough oil of the correct type in?

Clutch properly adjusted?

Exhaust joints properly tightened?

Is the heat shield still secured to the exhaust pipe?

Spark plug not come loose?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online