Going on a bit of a ride...suggestions welcome.

johnsnownw
This post is 4968 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys,

I'll be traveling this Sat. from Minneapolis to Chicago. It's the longest ride I've ever attempted and was wondering if anyone has suggestions about riding long distance. It will be on the Triumph, but don't hold that against me. Thanks.

Route:

http://www.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Minneapolis,+MN&daddr=Chicago,IL&hl=en&geocode=Ff1WrgIdJOhw-im9u3eTkDOzUjEH7novhMmfkw%3BFWICfwIdGuDG-inty_TQPCwOiDEAwMAJrabgrw&mra=ls&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=50.910968,116.455078&ie=UTF8&ll=43.47684,-88.483887&spn=5.883261,14.556885&z=7

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

John,

You would get a more broad response if you posted this on the HUBB, www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb There are lots of guys in the US who can give you great advice, there are one or two who really belong on ADVRider too......

I've not taken my bike to the US, did have plans just before the banks went belly up, and it put a trip outside of my budget. But one day, whilst I've still got family in Vancouver I'll head that way (I've just found out that I can get a ride-on ride-off plane trip for about $500 more than the hassle of crating the bike!

Good luck to you, there's nothing quite like a long trip. You remember it like it was yesterday.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online