Xv535 advice

ABxv535
This post is 4955 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, my 93 xv535 isn't running well at low revs, still didn't manage to get my carbs cleaned and I run out of fuel last week ( bet that didn't help the carbs) since I run out of fuel isn't running that well at low revs, I'm gessing that rubbish from the fuel thank got into the carbs? I was told as well when I got my carbs balanced that it was running a bit rich and when I would get carbs clean I would have to drop something on mycarbs one notch?????? And that should make it run better??? There's a bit of black smoke coming from the exhaust that the mechanic told me was because of it being run rich?? Can I have some advice from someone that knows something about bike, because I don't know much!!! :( Many thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

the low revs issue is usual dirty pilot jets, running out off fuel could cause this so carb clean probably needed.

as for the mixture being to rich this could also cause bad running at low revs as the bike warms up. You need to adjust the mixture/ idle screws in a little. but anyone working on there own bike should have a manual, this would give you the factory setting and go from there. chris

the low revs issue is usual dirty pilot jets, running out off fuel could cause this so carb clean probably needed.

as for the mixture being to rich this could also cause bad running at low revs as the bike warms up. You need to adjust the mixture/ idle screws in a little. but anyone working on there own bike should have a manual, this would give you the factory setting and go from there. chris.

I do have a manual, but like I said I don't have much nolage of bikes mechanics, I do have someone that works with me that does, and is the one that normally does any jobs more technical, just trying to get some more advise, I will get the carbs clean as soon as I can... And get the carbs adjusted ...

is the air filter dirty,?

is the choke stuck on,?

alan.

I've already checked the air filter, and looks good, and the choke I don't really use so don't thinks that would be the problem... and this only happened after I run out of fuel, that's why I thought I could be something to do with the carbs? but my mechanic did tell me that the bike was running a bit rich I wasn't sure if was that causing the problem or it got worse... i will start to get the carbs sorted and go from there... so thanks for all advise

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online