SR 125 - Dropped a Clanger

Emmi
This post is 4978 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok, so I let the Oil get too low...

Now I need a new/replacement Exhaust Valve and Tappet - anyone got one or where I could get one cheaper than the £60 they want off ebay?

The Tappet has Mushroomed and the top of the Valve Stem is so badly damaged the split collects are proving difficult to remove...

Cylinder head is currently off and waiting for parts... :(

Emmi

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey oldgit,

There were some new valves INlet and exhaust from Israel - original made in Japan not China! When I asked about whether they were Genuine Yamaha - they said no but they are made in Japan! :rolleyes:

So anyway - my Dad went to the local small parts supplier and Yamaha wanted £70 for the Valve, £14 for the Tappet and £3 for the Nut.

They also had an old Cylinder head! Minus exhaust Rocker and Cam. Dad said the Rocker and Cam were alright so we got that for £50.

Anyway - head back on Valves adjusted and away she went - quiet as the proverbial mouse! Bit of a leak of Oil from the Cam Cover - when nipped up the old thread gave in - so Dad re-tapped both threads and on it went with a bit of Permatex for good measure.

Absolutely brilliant now - pulls really well and gets to 60mph quite easily. Cant wait to get my Test passed... get her sold and get a bit quicker bike. Keep up with Dad then... <_<

Emmi

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online