RD350LC 1981

motobrox
This post is 4979 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

G'day chaps. I've just finished (well almost) a concourse rebuild on my RD350LC. Normally I don't have any issues with 2 stroke rebuild, they've all started and ran fine, this is a different story. When I first got it built up it ran fine above the pilot rev area, but only on choke. When you killed the choke the revs dropped and the engine eventually died. Suspecting the pilots were block I cleaned them out (can see through them fine now, all other jets blown through with compressed air), but now the engine won't start at all. Good spark present, checked the timing again, replaced the floats with a spare pair from a running bike. Any thoughts?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Have you got the float bowls on the rights carbs as they are different.If you take the bowls off and put them side by side you will see on the inside that one has a drilling to the starter jet in the float bowl and the other is blocked off. The one with the drilling goes on the LH carb (the one with the choke knob on) and the one blocked off goes on the RH carb.Also make sure the choke joining pipe is connected between the carbs. Tony.