Do I Need To Change My Pistion Or Rebuild Top End

mrjt
This post is 4984 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there i have a DTR125 2001 model, Ive only had it 4days. In the 4days ive been doing 60 65mph. I can reach 8000rpm but i dont wanna push it anymore as its got 21k mileage. The owner that i bought it off didnt know much about the engine and said that he dont think anything has been done to it. only when doing 60mph it feels like its saying i cant do anymore but il try.. also rattels is another thing ive no idea about. I know they can do about 80+ but i just dont think mine will even hit 75. 65mph at 8000rpm sounds abit strange to me. help please.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome Mr jt, 21,000 mls is alot for a 2stroke, but with the fine fully synthetic oils its not imposible.:unsure: ,

I Know a guy with a scooter, he showed me the barrel at 15,000 mls and it was perfect, [ it was off for a broken exhaust stud] So its possibble,

IF yours is rattling , be gentle on her, wait till winter and inspect, the cluch could rattle also , ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online