Spoke wheel front of XS400

01ps
This post is 4985 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have the mag wheels on my XS400 (1982) but would like to switch to a spoke type wheel on the front. What do I need to do to make this work? Any models that will let me use the original forks, brakes, etc?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have the mag wheels on my XS400 (1982) but would like to switch to a spoke type wheel on the front. What do I need to do to make this work? Any models that will let me use the original forks, brakes, etc?

have deep pockets, is the '82 a dohc?

the only direct replacement wires for the xs is the xs250 UK models. the rd's and xs650's have a bigger spindle, but if you got the money and the inclination do it!

BTW you are talking £1000 here in machining costs and buying the wheels.

my xs250 ones with new spokes and rims were £800

also you have a 16" rear wheel, so bear that in mind if replacing rims

Funny.... My 82 xs400 Heritage special came with spokes, and drums, front and rear.

Funny.... My 82 xs400 Heritage special came with spokes, and drums, front and rear.

i was talking spoke wheels with disks. the E models (economy) had drum front and rear

i was talking spoke wheels with disks. the E models (economy) had drum front and rear

AH HA! I don't know what the hell model mine is. I thought SJ, but when I looked up the VIN on the parts cross ref it says SL.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online