XS250 / 360 / 400 Mikuni BS32 / 34 carburettors

Ritlow
This post is 5012 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Being a newbie at this forum i would like to say Hi and greetings from Denmark to all of you :)

I have a question regarding the BS32's fitted to my 1U5 XS250.

I recently removed and dismantled the carburettors on the bike for a cleaning,and i have a suspicion that the clips on the needles are not sitting in the right groove.

In the Haynes manual it says that the needle position on the 250 is 4... But does anyone know if this is 4 counted from the top or the bottom ??

The needles has 5 grooves in them and the e-clips are now sitting in the second groove from the top.

Thanks in Advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome: Ritlow

the needle position determines the midrange carburation.

raising the needle richens and lower = weakens.

I've checked my manuals and they don't say where the count is taken. looking at the pictures in there, the E-clip looks near the bottom part of the needle if that helps.

:DThx Drewpy for the fast reply

I think you are right.... it seems to me that the engine is running lean when i twist the thottle on cruising speed (40-50 mph) ... so i will try moving the needles 2 notches up.

In this free XS360/400 manual here it says in the technical specifications of the fuel system on page 23 in the pdf document that the notches are count from the top...... So i think you are right :)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online