poor running xvs

dan28
This post is 5019 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i posted on here ages ago i bought an xvs that bogged down an wouldnt run

after i drained the the carb an tank it worked so i guess it had mositure in the fuel

but now i have a new problem as said the bike did work an rode well but now if you try to increase the revs slowly when setting off for example there is no power an the bike doesnt move

it will idle fine an if i give it full throttle its revs but there is no power when you first move the throttle?

could it be a weak spark some times when idleing on choke it randomly cuts out it has bigger lights fitted could this cause a lack of power (the lights are wired permantly on)

the battery is new

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

which dragstar is it? 125cc? 600?

but its sounding like the pilot jet is clogged or the mixture screw isnt set properly, is it bogging down when you turn the throttle slightly? is the cable tight? is the air filter clean? do you have a crack/ split in the carb manifold? how old is the battery? and when did you last change the plugs? (you need to be more specific to get a good answer ;) ) plus it would be nice if you joined the forum, said hello and filled out your details as ppl are more inclined to help if your not a one hit wonder.

.Paul.

Dan's got a few posts and he's back for more.

He's OK.

However, Dan, I'd ask that while you're adding the exact bike, you include at least your location details - One of us may be near you and willing to drop by to look at it in person.

What's the idle speed running at?

Dan's got a few posts and he's back for more.

He's OK.

However, Dan, I'd ask that while you're adding the exact bike, you include at least your location details - One of us may be near you and willing to drop by to look at it in person.

What's the idle speed running at?

thanks

i ll update my info

the battery was new around 3 months ago as were the plugs

its a 125 it has no rev gauge not sure what the idle speed is running at

its been totally modfied by the last owner the only thing standard on it is the engine

it has sach xtc wheels forks , an rear swing arm ( its been modifed to fit its been coverted to single seat has rear disc brake ) he even fitted a sucide shifter but i took it off

the guy i got if off said he had been building it for 4 years( but on closer inspection many things were bodged no choke cable air box held on with cable ties etc)

as i already mentioned it didnt run when i got this was solved by draining the tank an carb as recomened by someone one here it ran fine after that until now

i noticed the warning lights on the clock are flickering so i think its something electrical

i ll add some pics of it

Have a good look at your wiring and check for chafed wire, broken ground connections and "new" joins covered with tape. Anything taped up i'd remove it to see what's up. Sometimes an errant strand can cause trouble.

Have a good look at your wiring and check for chafed wire, broken ground connections and "new" joins covered with tape. Anything taped up i'd remove it to see what's up. Sometimes an errant strand can cause trouble.

so its deffo an electrical fault then hence the warning lights flickering ?

here are some pics of the bike

bgdkm62kkgrhquokimerziv.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

click on pics to enlarge

bgdlguwkkgrhqyokkqerzp6.th.jpg

bgdmk3qbwkkgrhqeokjsery.th.jpg

bgdmmwwmkkgrhqeokiker1l.th.jpg

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online