DT125R - Re-bore?

Dooooogster
This post is 5021 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Anybody know the best place to go to get a cylinder head re-bored with new piston?

Is it best to go to a local engineers / yam dealership (£££££?) or is there a reasonable company over the internet that I can send it to?

What is the going rate for the work?

What about a Cylinder Re-sleeving Service - any experience with that? I see there is a service for this on e-bay for £185? Worth it?

The cylinder I have was reasonably new, but has suffered damage through oil starvation (2-stroke). Defo not past max on max oversize or anything like that.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try here http://www.pjme.co.uk/acatalog/Cylinder_Re-Boring.html  they have a good reputation and i hear only good things about them on here. The do both re-bores, re-sleeve and re-coating (should you have a nikosil plated cylinder).

It is usually cheaper to get a second hand cylinder than to have one re-sleeved IME

Vez

Cheers vez. Sent it away today, rebore, new piston, all the gaskets and delivered back for 100 sheets. now all I need is a new oil pump for my dt.. might end up having to just mix it in the tank like the good old days!

Not exactly the best idea tbh, unless the bike is run at high revs/thrashed alot, and you don't mind cleaning the carbon out alot.

What is wrong with the pump you have?

Vez.

Checked cog from engine, it rotates fine when I kick it over (phew!) But the wee nut and washers don't move up and down when I turn it over or twist the throttle. As a result no oil being pumped through the tube to the engine. Just put a clear one on so I don't fry another cylinder. Don't seem to find spare oil pumps anywhere

though.

Its a pretty basic mechanical device, may be worth taking it apart and checking to see if its repairable.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online