xt 125 x 07

This post is 5029 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all. Iv got an xt 125 x 07 plate and it has a custom made ASBO exhaust end can. it does about 60 mph top end, it climbs to 60 quickly but then it just stops so i was wondering if there was some sort of restrictor anywere on the bike. Thanks for any help, much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi all. Iv got an xt 125 x 07 plate and it has a custom made ASBO exhaust end can. it does about 60 mph top end, it climbs to 60 quickly but then it just stops so i was wondering if there was some sort of restrictor anywere on the bike. Thanks for any help, much appreciated

right i have the xt 125 r ( so its more a trails version but i think the only difference is the tyres) however i have read that it is virtually impossible to de-restrict, is assume there maybe a re stricter in the carb, but im not going to do out to it as mine does 70-75mph..

but if you got the bike for going fast you shoulda got the RS125 yes its a 2/ but strongly built (kinda) and de-resticted its 33bhp and shy off 100mph.

o and that exhaust may sound nice... but y'all be loosing back pressure, i but a micron 500 on mine (that's on my kart) and I lost a lot (also loosing back pressure on my kart from the exhaust)

Also as you say its gets to 60 quickly have you though about putting a bigger front sprocket on it?? it wont pull so fast but will give you more top end also wont be revving the knackers off it (at 70 mph i usually am doin 9400 rpm) and 4th gear maxing out hte at 9900rpm im doing 60 mph.. i think you'll be much better doing the sprockets XD