Yamaha dt50mx no low down power

dudeboy52
This post is 5056 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi i am having problems with my dt50mx it has no power when going up hills on the flat it pulls but a slight hill it dies. I have changed the reeds,spark plug,repacked the exhaust. Any one know what my problem is thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How long have you had the bike?

has it been better than this?

Its a 50cc moped and not a powerful one at that...wouldnt you expect to downshift on hills?

Cant see a K&N making it better but you should do a compression test, it may need new rings or at worst a re-bore.

How many miles has it done? Ever had a re-bore before?

Have you ever dropped it and not bled the oil pump after?

I'm only asking because when I had one, way back when I was 16, I dropped it on a trail and didn't know about bleeding it after. It wasn't too long before a re-bore was needed, at least that's what Claremont's in Ashton said caused it.

Like OG said, they aren't powerful but mine was dreadful before the re-bore (15mph top speed!)

The compression test OG suggests should show it up.

Hope this helps.

I havent had it that long it has had a big bore kit fitted before i bought it. I think i have got used to it now because i can pull 40mph up a hill so i think it was just the lack of riding i have done but now i have got used to it its better thanks