yzf750 Exup Cable

orb1998
This post is 5032 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Can anyone help... I am after the length of the Exup cables for a YZF750

Mine are missing off my bike and i want to make some new ones but require the length end to end, sorry forgot to add i have the outer cables but its the inner length i'm after

many thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i inquired about having some made as the originals are stupidly expensive a while back . i contacted a cable manufacturer and was told that because of the heat involved at the exhaust end that they couldnt be made using the usual solder method can i ask how you intend to make yours as i ended up giving up and paying for originals,

I intend to use cable and screw on cable ends, i have seen it done in a couple of forums(a company called venhill have cables and ends, i have used cycle brake cables and had some ends made at work). I have tried the brazing and solder methods and due to capillary action the solder runs onto the cable, so screw type os the way forward.

I have all the bits to make the cables now i just require the cable lengths...... i no the legnth for several other bikes after doing a rake loads of searching but not for a YZF750, i was given a dimensions from someone but this was too short. As soon as i have the info i will post it for all !!!!

Just need the legnths!!!!!!!!

you obviously know for me to measure mine would be a big pain, tank off bottom fairing and exup cover, but i have got yamaha technical number they are very helpful even for older bikes and if they dont know they will find out and ring you back. they dont open weekends 01932358000 hope this helps, chris

No problems thanks for that but i contacted a guy on ebay that turned out to be a breakers and they have measured them, so thanks to him i now have cables for a grand cost of less than a fiver

The cable length for a YZF750r 1995 is 62 cm or 620mm hope this helps !!!!!!!

sorry i couldnt be more help, i have been working on my bike for months and finished it in may. i really did not fancy stripping it again after i have it running perfectly.

i bet your bike is a new beast with the exup working, it makes such a difference to the low to middle power if you set it up properly.

realy glad you got it sorted. chris