hardtails for a 1980 xs400

Brucifer
This post is 5101 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I just pulled my first bike out of a junk yard. its a 1980 yamaha xs400 and i want to turn it into a bobber but i cant find any weld on hardtails for it. Does anyone know where i can get them or if the ones for the 650s will fit the 400 frames?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I just pulled my first bike out of a junk yard. its a 1980 yamaha xs400 and i want to turn it into a bobber but i cant find any weld on hardtails for it. Does anyone know where i can get them or if the ones for the 650s will fit the 400 frames?

only company i know of

PSW customs

Here is a company I deal with when customizing rides due to thier excellent pricing and good service ... ... everything to build a nice custom ride is there ... the only issue they are custom for Harleys ... you will need to look at a Harley frame ... find all of its engine mounting points ... then compare them to yours on the 400 engine ... if you think you can build brackets (or weld ones) ... to fit the engine to one of thier frames ... allowing the chain to drive a wheel ... if you can do that ... once done you will have a huge advantage ... because while finding parts for a one-off XS400 hartail frame will always be a bear ... if you can (and I am not saying you can you need to check that) fit the engine into a Harley Hard-Tail frame ... the amount of parts and custom accessories available to you will be like going from the tiny corner antique store to a gigantic supermarket the size of the world ... Plus if you are looking for unique you can do that as well ... Karen

only company i know of

PSW customs

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online